The Sam Adventures
As it reached 10 pm on Saturday, Sam and a group of us decided to go to an outdoor beer garden. One of Sam’s German friends joined us and his name was Steffen. Apparently, the beer garden we went to was Berlin’s oldest – Prater Garden. Surprisingly, there were some seats left for us. There were stringed lights hanging from the trees as there were several park picnic tables lined up. The beer garden had a very social atmosphere as mainly Germans came to grab a few beers and hang out with friends. I usually do not like beer because it seems to taste watered down but the Bavarian beer on tap with a bratwurst was absolutely amazing. I usually do not like the watered down taste of beer; but the Bavarian beer on tap tasted so rich and full without a bitter taste. This definately quenched my thirst while I also chowed down on a juicy, crispy-skinned bratwurst.

Prater Garten closed at midnight but we weren’t done partying yet. Sam then took us to Kulterbrauerei where we would continue our festivities. After a few more beers, we decided to get a cheeseburger. It was cooked on an open grill and then put together with a flag sticking out of the burger. This burger was delicious! We definitely had a great night and Sam and Steffen were fun to hang out with. We finally checked out at 3 am.

Sunday, I woke up late and Sam came to visit our apartment. We got a group together (Amy, Anna, Fan, Trang, Sam, and I) and went to Alexanderplatz where I had some potato wedges and others got chicken nuggets and doners. We then visited the World Clock, TV Tower, the Poseidon fountain, Nikolai Quarter, Berliner Dom, and the open fields of what used to be the Palace of the Republic. I then went back to the apartments.

Later, Sam and Robert joined back at the apartments while I was cooking my famous Italian pasta dinner. Sam was a bit tired so he passed out on the chair for a little bit. With original plans to go to Bar 25, we decided to just take it easy and get a few beers at the corner store and stay at our apartment. Robert, Sam, and I had a Warsteiner, which was pretty good, and a Kostrisser, which had a unique, dark, and bitter taste to it. They were definitely better than those bottom-shelf Berliner beers…yuck. As we went into the night, Sam said his farewells and left (he will be studying in Athens this summer). We moved to Anna’s and Amy’s apartment where we told scary stories, which were poorly told by me (I just can’t make things that scary when I am not in the mood). It reached midnight and I decided to go to my room and do some intense blogging before I went to bed.
0 Responses

Post a Comment