Istanbul 2.0
Reading "Istanbul's Choice" by Asu Aksoy, I have put some information to Istanbul. I do not know much about Istanbul but the very generic facts about this place. This article definately has given me insight about Istanbul and the urbanization of Istanbul is an interesting topic. I think it is intriguing to look at how public spaces are being altered and the identity of Istanbul is being changed. With new businesses and industry becoming more involved and as this city becomes globaized, the transformation is happening in front of us. Asu Aksoy brings up an interesting point when he starts off with the increase in businesses and the corporate Istanbul to a change in culture and social structures that will also change. Many points on Istanbul is interesting and I agree with Aksoy about bringing in a government that is more open to the new socio-cultural environment.
0 Responses

Post a Comment