Berlin Headlines
While searching for recent news topics relating to Berlin, I came across news for an axhibition by Gunther von Gagens. The artists opens a new art exhibit tomorrow called the "Cycle of Life." On top of being a controversial Germany anatomy artist, Gagens topped his own work when he will be unveiling a work showing two corpses having sexual intercourse. He is a controversial artist as he developed the plastination method to preserve dead bodies. The public is very displeased by this news and have been protesting. People state that this has gone over the line and that it is disrespectful to the dead. Hagens claims that the man and woman consented to appear in a sexual pose. In my opinion, I also think it is disrespectful and too explicit to be shown as a public exhibit. However, I do believe that aritsts should be able to express their art and if he did get proper consent, then Hagens has the choice to show his artwork and if people disapprove, they have the right not to go see it.

Link to article
here.
0 Responses

Post a Comment